The Empire Mall is busy all year round but the holiday season brings something special to Sioux Falls' busiest retail center.
This festive season, almost a dozen businesses are setting up shop at The Empire Mall. These include companies that sell food, candy, clothes, blankets, and artworks.
Here’s a list of the pop-up shops opening during the Christmas season:
- Maria’s – known for selling clothing and fashion accessories such as purses, jewelry, hats, belts, and sunglasses, shoppers can visit Maria’s outside of Banana Republic near Teavana in Centre Court.
- Holy Land Olive Wood - this family-owned and operated business specializes in the production of olivewood handicrafts. Some wonderful gifts for family and friends to buy at the store include pendants, keychains, boxes, rosaries, and cups. The pop-up shop is located in Centre Court near Ashcroft & Oak Jewelers.
- Painted by Prairie – owned and managed by the local artist and photographer, Julie Prairie, this specialty gift boutique store sells piggy banks, ornaments, stockings, and coloring tools among other personalized Christmas gifts. It is at the Centre Court between Helzberg Diamonds and Rogers Jewelers.
- Go! Calendars & Games – this specialty retailer sells a variety of calendars during the holidays. It also offers a wide range of games including puzzles, board games, brain teasers, and strategy games. The store is located between Nails Time and Lane Bryant.
- Hickory Farms – Hickory Farms is known for its gourmet food and expertly curated gifts. This Christmas season, expect to find a wide variety of food gift basket options filled with fresh cheeses, savory meat, and sweet desserts. The pop-up shop is in the Macy’s wing near New York & Company.
- Northern Lights - located near the Sanford Children’s Play Area and Visionworks, Northern Lights sells beautifully framed artwork.
- See’s Candies - with more than 100 varieties of delicious candy and chocolates, shoppers will find gifts and treats for every occasion. The pop-up shop is located near Aeropostale and the Food Court.
- Oh! Nuts - Oh! Nuts offers a large selection of premium nuts, chocolates, candy and gift baskets to celebrate the holidays. These mouthwatering treats can be found near Ashcroft & Oak and Charlotte Russe.
- Bamboo – situated in the Centre Court, this store sells Bamboo sheets, pillows, and linens.
- Kozy Blankets – sheets, a blanket, jumper or gloves from Kozy Blankets make a perfect gift for the holidays. Shoppers can buy these items near the Sanford Children's Play Area in the Applebee's wing.
- Pro Image Sports – this sports apparel gift shop has added another store at The Empire Mall. The second store is in the current Spirit Halloween space, adjacent to the Sanford Children’s Play Area.